Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend at Kingman Lake

Les and I and Jake and Jessica went camping at Kingman Lake, about 45 miles west of Wichita, this weekend. Les and Jake did some work on the Taj (pop up tent trailer) so they couldn't wait to see how it turned out, and face it, they wanted to do some fishing. So out to Kingman Lake we went.

Friday afternoon was beautiful - by the evening it was just gorgeous. Les caught a catfish. We had a nice campfire and the stars came out! Wonderful. Got a little chilly over night.

Saturday morning we saw a mother goose, goslings, and the daddy too. Jake caught a really nice crappie. While the others took a nap in the afternoon, I spotted a little turtle, not much bigger than an old time silver dollar. He was so cute, and feisty! I kept him long enough to take pictures, then I let him go. Of course, both my son, Patrick, and my grandson, Skyler, asked why I didn't bring him home to them. Wouldn't have he had a wonderful time getting all the way to Oregon, via Ontario, Canada. Jake and Jessica drove back to Wichita for his softball game - double header, they won both games. Wind starting kicking up and went on High Wind Alert throughout the evening.

Sunday was beautiful, got calls from kids wishing me a Happy Mother's Day - wind started winding down, and we came home. Home, Sweet, Home.

'til next time....

Joy
& Les

Les' Readers Digest Version;
Weekend of May 9, 10, 11 - went to Kingman Co. Fishing Lake with Jake and Jessica.
Fishing wasn't too good. Had a good time getting out.

No comments: